goodbye 2013, hello 2014

in about 4 hours, i bid farewell to 2013.
it has been quite a crazy love journey which i cant sum up in words.
a lot has happened and i mean it, A LOT!

traveled to Brazil, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and not forgetting Perhentian Island. it was amazing! i will travel more next year, hopefully.

had the best and most amazing year in terms of my career, and i must emphasise that i have never felt this way about my work or my career before. this year, i have really proven myself that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
when it comes to career, i would say that i am hard on myself. i would always push myself to be better and sometimes or most of the time, i would put ridiculous target and strive for it. yes, i am kiasu like that.
i would love to think that i am a hardworking person and i work really hard to be where i am now. i don't do it for position, power or money. those things will come together when it's your time but with me, it's the target i set for myself and self-satisfaction. i work hard because i need to reach my target in life where i want to be. that's why sometimes i think i stress myself over nothing and just to please myself.
having said that, 2013 has given me THE BEST opportunity to prove myself and with that, i know i can push myself further next year and will be where i want to be. there is not even a minute that i am not grateful of what He has given me in year 2013 to prove myself that i can achieve what i want to if i put my mind to it.  

i gained 4kgs from last year. next year i'll start my diet again and try to reach my ultimate weight goal. will start from tomorrow!

the best lesson i learnt this year in adapting to marriage life. we have been married for 1 year and i must say i am still learning and adapting to be a good wife according to our religion. i would admit that i have not been a good wife, at least to my target. and again, i set too high expectation on myself.
the thing with marriage, it is not as easy as i thought it would be. there are so many things that i thought i knew but when you get married, you realised that what you knew before was only 3% of what marriage life is all about. like any new adventure you put yourself into, the first year is all about learning. so, this year i have learnt a lot about marriage. a lot? maybe not. i am still learning and if there were an exam on marriage, i would probably failed miserably.

the thing about marriage is that, you can never learn from other people or compare your marriage with other people's marriage. because it's not a one shoe fits all thing. everyone is unique and different in their own way, so does your marriage. to make things even complicated, according to our religion, you are not supposed to discuss your domestic issues with anyone. so there you go, bottle it to yourself and figure out your own solution. yes, there are articles that people will share with you on marriage but then it might work on Mr. A but it wouldn't work on Mr. B simply because Mr. B is different from Mr. A. although there are millions of advise of marriage, i am still lost and confused as i was before i read those. you only know your own solution based on your current experience and situation. which in my case, i am still adapting and learning.

before i wrap up my 2013, i would like to apologise to everyone who i have hurt intentionally or unintentionally for any of my wrongdoings.  may all of you have a better year ahead!

for 2014, i hope i would be a better person, employee, daughter, friend and wife.
travel more and be happy!

with that, the queen bids farewell!



Comments