when your heart beats next to mine


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

my day started like any other. freshly brewed coffee from the cafe nearby and a cigarette. students busied themselves with assignment report while i was busy at the smoking area. it was a typical day at uni.

students were all facing the computer, stressing, panicking, discussing the big presentation adventure tomorrow. as they were all busy preparing with their group mates, i swiftly took my place in front of the computer, my usual place in the computer lab facing the door, don't know what to expect of what was to come.

the 'bitchy' hat of doing group discussion being put on over my head as we were about to discuss our group bit. we wrapped around ourselves our best presentation skills in which we would be presenting tomorrow, and rehearse our lines.

later after that, i was doing my research report. the topic i chose and now regret choosing such topic, petrochemical industry. wtf right? as i was typing my report, with my not-so-freshly brewed coffee, then came a sharp smell in the air like a men's perfume. a nice smell that was not familiar. instantly, i looked over at the door wondering who was about to walk in. staring at the hallway, waiting..

he walked in the computer lab, shaved head, 6 footer, body slightly built, tan colored skin, wearing a blue new york police academy t-shirt with navy colored pants, orange and white onitsuka tiger sneakers. a calmness effect floated in the air as he walked in the computer lab. i reshuffled my memory hard, trying to think if he is from my uni. i would definitely remember this guy if he is from my uni or if he is in my class. i haven't seen him before. it took me a while to turn my head to face the computer again instead of staring at him, jaw dropped. he must have felt uncomfortable.

lucky me, he took a seat perpendicular to me. fidgeting, sweating, shortness of breath, heart beating as fast as a Ferrari. those are among the symptoms i had for quite a while, i think it lasted for 30 minutes. i felt like i was going to faint. i stood in front of the computer, blank, not typing a single thing. i was chatting with the girls, but i just couldn't type anything. he was so good looking that my world just went on pause mode. for real! now i know why they say the world stopped. i used to think that the saying was just plain corny and mushy, but now i know! for real! then i had this sort of crazy plans in my head. i was actually planning to log out from the machine, go for lunch, come back and sit next to him. i was going to throw a cheesy line 'are you taken? i mean, is this seat taken?' guess what i did, nothing stupid tough. i was avoiding myself from doing anything stupid because i knew it will happen, just a matter of time. it's like a curse, whenever i met some hot, cute random guy ill just do something stupid to embarrass myself. so, instead of making myself looking like a total idiot in the lab, with 30 other people in the lab, i went outside for a fresh air.

calmed myself by damaging my lungs. phew! i was able to breathe and composed myself back to do my report. after lunch, i was almost finish with my report, he was almost done with his i supposed. he reclined his chair, stretched his back, crack his fingers, while looking at me. omg! i nearly died of a heart attack, seriously! since i was already staring at him the whole time he was doing all that, politely without looking too desperate, i smiled and said hello. at that particular second, i felt like stabbing myself in the heart and bleed to death. why did i do that? i need to cellotape my mouth, or staple it, or better still glue it. lucky thing, he said hi and smiled. if not, i don't know what ill do to save myself from the humiliation. big one!

there we were, in the computer lab. less than 10 feet apart, doing our report. of course i peeped on his report. he was doing a business plan for a dog shop or dog clinic, something like that and i was doing a business plan to establish a uni in India. he had a dog picture on the first page. i think its his dog, cute! i think he is an Australian, just guessing by the way he answers his phone call. i couldn't concentrate on my report, i was having a hard time to type or think. he is so f-in hot i can pee in my pants now!

soon later, i saw him stapled his report, packing his bag, checked if he has put everything together, and logged out from the machine. he slid his sling bag over, and left. that's it! goodbye mr. hot. you're so hot, you touch my tralala, my ding ding dong. when i first heard that song on beauty and geek show, i couldn't stop laughing and now it's stuck in my head. shit you gunther and the sunshine girls.

after i have finished with my report, i headed back home smiling like a kerang busuk, as the girls like to say, thinking what a great day today was. reflecting on every single second i was in uni. when i reached home, i was surprised by nadeera and mark's vegetarian lasagna. it was really really really good! i am telling you, it was good! after dinner, guess what is there for dessert? apple crumble, made by mark and nadeera. wowwwww! it was good too! i ate the whole bowl and wished that i didn't have so much of the lasagna, i would have a second helping with the apple crumble.

my day started like any other, but it didn't end like any other. today, 20 October 2008, i will remember.

today, was phenomenal!

Comments

popcornelvis said…
hahahahahahaha!
funny post kuna.
glad you had a phenomenal day.

p/s: i want to touch your tralala
Anonymous said…
im sorry i couldnt concentrate when you called me just now. the reception was bad and i was driving.

i hope you find tralala ding dong again and purposely fall on his lap.

love you.
khafidha said…
overnyaaaaaaaaaaa. somebody kill me please?????

that was really nice of mark and nadeera. amoi, you guys should stop spoiling kuna. i don't want her to become the next kimora lee. we don't need another one.

i think yana looked really beautiful in the webcam pictures. kan?
Anonymous said…
one word....
OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Kuna Ismail said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kuna Ismail said…
hi dzu, pls cari lagu tuh kat youtube! lagu tuh gatal gila!

yana, its alright that you didn't concentrate. i don't even know what i was saying. nervous sgt!
hahahahha purposely fall on his lap? eee i shy lah! love you too!

khafidha, you jealous is it mark and nadeera cook for me? they cook all vege lah, i wont become the next kimora lee. don't worry, doctors masak makanan sihat jer. body beautiful nanti!

yana looked really beautiful!

sheffer, three words..
come here faster!!