i have a brain like a sieve


while having lunch with the girls today, nasi lemak village park! =)
i saw my high school classmate, sitting with her friends probably two tables away from us.
she didn't look like what she used to in high school, i think because she was wearing hijab
obviously i didn't realise it was her until sheffer mentioned it
i took a quick look and yes, it was her because she is in my FB list..
in the list je like most of my friends in the list, we are friends in FB but not in real life.
i had to jog my memory to remember what she was like in high school.
i remembered she sat next to me in class, went tuition with her, munched snacks with her in class while gossiping, and that one time she sat on my then boyfriend's lap and i got really jealous. hahahah!
but the thing is, i don't remember how she used to behave.
was she funny? or talkative? or caring even? what's her interest? her favourite colour?
i remembered THE day (i was traumatised for a while)
her mom picked us up from tuition
went back to her place immediately because she said something came up but she told me that she was going to send me home later
so we went back to her place, and her dad just came back from work.
her mom and dad started fighting in front of us
i had to go to the room with her, stayed there with her two younger sisters while her parents were fighting
her mom just found out that her dad was having an affair with another woman, erkkk!
awkward! i was there and had to listen to their fight.
my friend and her sisters were crying, i can't recall if i cried too (i think i did)
we were stuck in the room for few hours i think, then she sent me home.
the next day, we both acted as if nothing happened and continue our normal friendship
after school, we didn't keep in touch until facebook.
i wonder what happened to her after that night.
after high school, i heard her dad got married to the woman and they had a baby boy.

during our routine ice milk tea session, khafidha was showing a picture of our a huge burger which according to khafidha 'sampai tahun depan pun tak habis'.
when i asked her, siapa yg makan burger gedabak besar tu?
she said abu (bukan nama sebenar) from our high school, boyfriend aminah (bukan nama sebenar)
in my high school, there were a lot of aminah so i asked which aminah is this
she replied, aminah adik ali (bukan nama sebenar)
then i remembered which aminah and which ali.
but all i can remember about ali is he came to my raya open house once or twice.
he's fluent in english, even if we asked questions in malay, he would answer in english.
we ended up saying 'aalaaa..takkan tak ingat, ali yg speaking habis tuh, if kita tanya soalan dlm BM dia jawab dalam english'.
that's all i remember about this ali (bukan nama sebenar)
hehehhehe :)

made me realised how little i really know someone i used to know in the past.
or do i subconciously choose to remember certain things
like only the funny things, or the weirdest incident? hahahhhhha!!

9 years since i left high school, and 9 years from now
will i still remember my high school classmates? my MMU classmates? my RMIT mates? my diving mates?

i hope i still do
i hope you do too :)

Comments