new scar, new journey


i was happily epilating my leg a while ago when i spotted one of my many ugly scars.
it was from a diving exam i had to do two years back.
i was rushing to the pool and i scraped my calf on the edge of the pool.
didn't realise it was bleeding, i continued swimming.
much later, when i was having my post-exam brief that i felt the stinging pain.
it was painful, but bearable.
thanks to magic gamat, wound healed and the five inch long scar stayed with me.

people often say "time heals all wounds"
others say "time heals all wounds but the scars stay with us forever"
some say "scars are not meant to be hidden, they are proof of the journey"

these scars i have, they are proof of my twenty five years journey in life.
some scars are sweet, some are bitter, some are painful, and some you can't even see it.
be it a small scar i have at the corner of my right eye to the big one i have on my leg
or the scars that no one can see.
every scar reminds me of a journey.
scars are there so we never forget.

scars are part of my yesterday.
wounds are part of my today.
time will eventually heal all wounds so i have another scar for tomorrow.

tomorrow, i am going on a new journey.
will probably scrape myself again...
which ill have to deal with the new wound and pain...
and there will be another five inch long scar...
but it's a new scar, a new journey.


:)

Comments

Anonymous said…
well said dear..hope the future will bring so much happiness ;-)
Kuna Ismail said…
insyaAllah :)